Maria Selva is a Spanish character that was introduced and is only available in Temple Run 2. She is a photographer, as seen in one of her death message saying "Must... Take... Selfie!", and it is possible that she grabbed the idol by mistake.
- Maria's outfit consists of a lime green short sleeves T-shirt with a cream colored vest, dark green shorts, gloves and boots of the same color and she holds a smartphone in her hand. She also has a dark green strap bag, and there is a silver camera on her belt. Her hairstyle is brown and white, and it is shaved on one side.
- In the March 9, 2017 update, Maria comes with the Brooklyn outfit, and can be purchased for 60 gems.
- In the Spirits Cove update, Maria comes with the Calavera outfit, and can be unlocked for 60 character tokens.
- In the Pirate Cove - Earth Day update, Maria comes with the Plogger outfit, and can be unlocked for 60 character tokens.
- Maria's Rocker outfit can be obtained from the in game pop up on March 31, April 5, and April 11 in 2020.
Maria can be purchased for 100,000 coins.
When she is selected to run, she occasionally takes selfies with her smartphone. So far, she is the only character who has an ability like this.
-caught by a demon monkey.
"I have no signal here!"
"Must... Take... Selfie!"
-falling off a cliff.
"Is this waterproof?"
-falling into a rushing river.
-crashing to walls and objects.
"Who put that there?"
-crashing to a tree.
"Is this covered under warranty?"
-crashing on traps (excluding twintraps).
"Don't text and mine."
-crashing on objects in the mines.
"It was a left, right?"
-crashing to a wall in the mines.
- "Don't text and mine" is a pun for public road safety phrases "Don't drink/text and drive".